Saturday, May 12, 2007

Home Coming

Mousie came home today. While I was at a meeting in Fresno my sweet husband went to pick her up at the crematorium. She is in a little cedar box with a lock and key. Most importantly, she is home.

She came home with a little piece of prose that I would like to share a part of here for any animal lover who happens upon this blog.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to a place
There, there is always food and water and warm spring weather.
The old and frail animals are young again.
Those whom are maimed are made whole again.
They play all day with each other.
I remember with fondness when Mousie was very young the incredible amount of energy she would have as she ran around, jumped on furniture, pounced on her toys and general made a spectacle of herself! We would laugh and laugh at her antics. In the end she was very slow and could no longer run and jump.
It put a big smile on my face to read the above and think of her young again and jumping and running and making a spectacle of herself as she played with my other beloved dogs (Timmy, Peenutz and Scamper [all toy poodles] and Sasha and Tiffany [tiny yorkies])!
Surely that "place" is called heaven. For our dear heavenly Father loves all of His creations. Run and jump to your heart's content, my dear little Mousie!

No comments: