Saturday, September 6, 2008

World's Worst Blogger

No doubt I could win the award for the World's Worst Blogger! I just noticed that I have been left off the list on one of my favorite blogs to read. My last blog was in April.

I think the problem is that I forgot why I was writing. No one...well hardly anyone...ever visited my blog and so I kind of thought "why bother." But the truth is that I started this blog so that I could express myself in some written form other than writing in a journal. Of course I also started it because I was grieving the death of my sweet little Yorkie, Mouse, who died on April 16, 2007.

Now I have just experienced the death of my last Yorkie...Christy died on August 12, 2008. She was just a couple of week shy of her 17th birthday...which is today! I am passionately in the journey of grieving for her. At the end she didn't have much quality of life but she still seemed to want to go on and so I have her that option...until she couldn't anymore.

The house is not empty of puppy love. Barclee, our Bichon Frise, came to live with us in early December. She turned 5 on March 1st. She seemed to be more than content to just have a loving home and stay in the background of Christy. Now Christy is gone and Barclee is trying to get used to be in the limelight! She still refuses to eat dinner where Christy used to...which was in the kitchen. No, she wants to eat in the living room where we fed her from her first day here on Audubon Drive! She is very sweet and I truly do love her dearly...but I must admit that I miss those little Yorkies very, very much.

So much has happened to me that requires writing about in order not to carry it around with me. So, I am going to try this again. Only this time I will keep in mind that I am writing just for me and if anyone should come by and visit, well may God bless them...and if no one comes that is just fine too.

But now I have to go and finish a sermon for church tomorrow. Must keep priorities straight!

Until later......

3 comments:

Miz Minka said...

Welcome back!! :) I've re-added you to my blogroll, and I'm "following" your blog too (Blogger's new function), that way I'll know when you've posted something new. I'm so sorry to hear about Christy. She sure had a long and wonderful life with you!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Glad you see you're writing again!. There's always much to be said, so I look forward to reading lots more often!

Yes, those dear 4 legged family members make there own places in our hearts and on the furniture, so there is such an emptiness when they're gone. I understand and send hugs.

The Calico Quilter said...

It touched me to read of your grief for your beloved dog. I faced that with my cat of 16 years in 2002. She was sick for about 6 months, and when I lost her I grieved as I would for a lost friend, because she was my buddy through several house moves, a couple of years where my husband was working out of town, two job changes and two surgeries. I did not know it could hurt so much to lose an animal companion. Now we have had our calico cat for six years, and while I love her, I still miss Sasha. She is sooooo not like Sasha, it's easy not to make comparisons!

I'm sure Barklee will bloom now that she has your undivided love. Lucky little dog! It's OK to mourn your lost pups, they leave a hole in your heart that I don't think ever goes away.